PROUDLY SERVING CLIENTS IN SEATTLE, TACOMA, VANCOUVER & NEARBY AREAS OF WASHINGTON
Searching for car accident lawyers in Seattle?
Car accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental injury in this country. Thousands of innocent victims are killed and millions are injured each year because of negligent drivers on the roadways. According to statistics gathered and reported by the Association for Safe International Travel, in the United States each year:
- Car accidents are the 8th leading cause of death globally
- An additional 2.3 million people suffer injuries
- More than 1,600 children under age 15 lose their lives
- Almost 8,000 16-20-year-olds are killed
At Buckley & Associates in Seattle, Tacoma and Vancouver, our car accident lawyers are committed to helping victims get the justice they deserve when they are injured or lose a loved one in a car accident.
Understanding Your Rights
When you have suffered serious personal injury in a motor vehicle accident, insurance companies begin working to minimize your settlement. Our car accident lawyers will work to ensure that your case is resolved fairly and that you receive the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
After an accident, it can be difficult to know what to do. You should understand that you do not have to accept any offers made by the insurance company, and you should consult an experienced auto accident lawyer to understand exactly what your rights are and how much your case is worth.
When you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence, whether they were the driver of your car, the driver of the other car, or the trucking company that should have overseen their employees, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Through no fault of your own, you will be forced to deal with complicated medical issues, recovery, and time away from work. Our experienced car accident attorneys can help.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in the Seattle or Tacoma areas, please call (206) 622-1100 today to speak with an experienced car accident attorney about your case. Consultations with our multi-lingual staff are free.
What should I do after a Car Accident?
When you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you can feel lost and frustrated. You are suddenly dealing with severe injuries, medical bills, and property damage that you had no way to anticipate. It can feel like you are alone in your recovery, trying to fight against the insurance company for the compensation you deserve. Our professional car accident lawyers at Buckley & Associates can help you through this difficult time.
Immediately After Your Car Accident
A car accident can leave the most composed person feeling shaken. Remember these tips at the scene to help you take control of the situation:
- Call for medical attention. The first priority should always be for the health of all drivers, passengers, pedestrians, or cyclists. Call 911and tell them you need medical assistance if people are injured.
- Take down names and contact information. You will need the names, phone numbers, and addresses of everyone involved in the accident and any witnesses who saw what happened.
- Make notes about what you remember. You should write down as much as you can about the weather, the actions of the vehicles involved, the color of stoplights at the time of the accident, or other pertinent information while it's fresh in your mind.
- Take photos. With the prevalence of cell phones, you likely have a camera right in your pocket. If you can, take photos of the scene. This may be useful later on when your car accident lawyer reviews your case. Do not interfere with the police investigation and make sure to seek medical attention if you are hurt rather than trying to document the scene.
- Keep your medical records. Keep an account of the treatments and medications you receive along with the medical bills you are charged. These will help establish your injuries and the damages you may be able to collect.
- Don’t discuss your case. You should cooperate with the police at the scene of your accident, but you should leave all other communications about your case up to your car accident attorney, who will settle your case on your behalf.
Your independent information may be the key to receiving the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
As soon as you are able to following your accident, you should contact an experienced attorney. We can help you avoid the pitfalls of negotiating with the insurance company on your own. When you or your loved one has been injured, you need to concentrate on healing and moving forward with your life.
The car accident attorneys at Buckley & Associates can take the stress out of your legal case and allow your family the time you need to focus on getting well.
If You Are an Injured Passenger
in a Car Accident
Every time you get in a car, you are taking some risk that the driver and the other drivers on the road will be able to get you safely to your destination. When your journey does not go without incident, our experienced personal injury attorneys at Buckley & Associates can help you pursue the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
If you were a passenger in a car accident, you can likely breathe easy over liability issues.Passengers are not liable for injuries or property damage in a motor vehicle accident unless the passenger:
- commits an overt act to distract the driver
- in any other way contributes to the accident
- assumed the risk of riding with an intoxicated driver
As a passenger, your main concern will be recovering from your injuries. You likely had no responsibility for the accident. With the help of our specialized car accident lawyers, you will be able to hold the responsible parties liable for your serious injuries.
What kind of compensation can I get for my injuries?
You may be able to receive compensation for the injuries you sustained in a car accident because you will likely have a claim against all negligent parties involved. The parties that may be held liable include:
- the driver of the car you were riding in (if you were a passenger)
- drivers of any other cars involved in the accident
- owners of the vehicles, such as a trucking company
The professional Seattle car accident lawyers at Buckley & Associates can help you determine who all of the possible liable parties are in your accident in order to pursue them for damages. The damages (monetary award) you may be able to claim include:
- Medical expenses for care and treatment
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages from your time away from work
- Loss of affection or companionship from a lost loved one
- Funeral expenses for a lost loved one
Which damages will be available to you depends on the facts of your specific case. Our experienced car accident attorneys in Seattle will investigate your claim and determine the damages you should pursue. We will negotiate with the insurance company and responsible parties and file your lawsuit when it is necessary to bring a quick resolution to your case.
It was a lengthy process, however my case involving a car accident was finally settled. The entire legal process was explained to me in detail from the start and everything proceeded as described.
Resolving Your Car Accident Case
After the car accident, you may need to stay in the hospital or take time away from work to recover. As soon as you are able, it is wise to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer, who can evaluate the facts of your case. We can help you determine whether the insurance settlement offer is fair, which it often is not. And we can investigate your claim to make your legal case if you need to file suit for your injuries.
At Buckley & Associates we work hard to resolve your case as quickly and efficiently as possible. We understand that you are hurt and do not want a long legal battle in order to get the compensation you are due. Our experienced car accident attorneys are responsive to your needs as a client.
Most of our cases are settled before you see the courtroom so that you can move on with your recovery. However, we are fully prepared to take each case as far as it needs to go to get our clients the resolution they deserve.
We have more than 30 years of experience in settling and litigating accident cases. You can trust our staff to respect your time and your family’s needs throughout your case. You will never be left wondering how your case stands because we will be in contact with you every step of the way.
Our attorneys strive to exceed your expectations and work toward a speedy resolution of your case so you and your family can move beyond the accident and begin living your life again.
Have you or your loved one been injured in a car accident? Please contact Buckley & Associates for your free consultation with one of our experienced car accident lawyers. We serve clients throughout the Seattle area and the state of Washington. We also have a satellite office located in Tacoma, Vancouver, Washington, for your convenience.
You do not pay our fees until we successfully resolve your case. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. When we take your case on, we expect to win it for you.
Members of our staff are fluent in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese, and French. We can help you understand your case in the language you feel most comfortable communicating in.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation
If your interested in learning more about how we can help you, you can contact us at (206) 622-1100. If you prefer, please fill out the form below for a free case review. The information submitted will be accorded the utmost confidentiality. This information is necessary in order to do a conflict of interest check before responding to you. Buckley Attorneys & Associates At Law proudly serving clients in Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver and nearby areas of Washington.